Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What to do with sick kids

So what do you do with more than one sick child? Here are a few things I've done so far:
  • Run to the pharmacy/Wal-Mart and stock up on ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and Kleenix.
  • Clean out the humidifiers and start running them all night and part of the day.
  • Splurge and buy a (cheap) surprise game for the children--I'll pull it out when all else fails to entertain.
  • Check the pantry and freezer to make sure there is enough food to feed the family in case I'm too sick to go to the store.
  • Make up a detailed chart to keep track of temperatures and medication. After several years of just writing this down on scraps of paper, I finally made an Excel chart to record data on each child. This way I know each child's temperature and when they've had medication.
Do you have things that work well for your family? I'm always happy to hear suggestions.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm sorry for your sick kiddos. I hope you're all feeling better soon.

The temp/medicine chart is a good idea.