Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quiet Book

In an attempt to (1) practice sewing techniques and (2) keep children occupied during church meetings, I remade our quiet book. Here's the completed project.
The cover is an attempt at a crazy quilt pattern.Each page has a little saying on it, which you can't really read in these photos. This one says "I am a child of God.""Jesus created the plants" and "I can be a missionary and share the gospel.""I am thankful for my food" and "I love to read the scriptures.""Sunday is a time to remember Jesus" and "Jesus created the animals."
"Jesus made the insects" and "I am thankful for my clothes."
"The Book of Mormon teaches me about Jesus" and "I am happy when I share."
"I know Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus" and "I can be brave like the pioneers and follow the prophet."
The back cover. It was a fun learning project, though it took a long time.

5 comments:

Jared said...

That's amazing!

Kristi said...

I am speechless. Wow. That is an amazing quiet book!

The Wessman Family said...

Wow! Did you use a pattern? I have always wanted to do a quiet book for my kids.

Tiffany said...

That *would* take a long time! You did a wonderful job! I love all the sayings and the creative activities!

Amy T said...

Amazing! That would take a lot of patience! What a treasure for your kids.