Five things I appreciate when I'm cleaning my house.
1. Quiet time with no one else around.
2. The existence of technologies such as washing machines (I own one) dishwashers and robot vacuums (I don't have either one yet, but they are top of my wishlist).
3. The ability to say "good enough is good enough". A job done incorrectly is still a job done.
4. Daughters who have been doing chores their whole life so they don't know the difference.
5. Some day I will make enough money with writing and music to be able to pay someone else to do my housecleaning for me. That day is drawing ever closer. I even have plenty of volunteers lining up for the job.
1. The Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. These white spongy things clean just about anything. They get finger marks off walls and doors. They get marker off of computers, and forklift tire marks off the concrete, crayon off the tile, and lots of other stuff.
2. Helpers who get paid in marbles to do special jobs
3. Don Aslett's "No time to clean" book that tells you how to clean
4. Getting rid of stuff that I don't want to keep cleaning
5. Having stuff stay clean longer than it takes to clean it
I want to have a list of things I've learned that have to do with home management, as well as a place, hopefully, that family and friends can help with suggestions.
Right now I'm a full-time mother to four children. I also have a Ph.D. (2000) from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, a M.M.C. (1995) from Arizona State University, and a B.A. (1991) from Brigham Young University.
2 comments:
Five things I appreciate when I'm cleaning my house.
1. Quiet time with no one else around.
2. The existence of technologies such as washing machines (I own one) dishwashers and robot vacuums (I don't have either one yet, but they are top of my wishlist).
3. The ability to say "good enough is good enough". A job done incorrectly is still a job done.
4. Daughters who have been doing chores their whole life so they don't know the difference.
5. Some day I will make enough money with writing and music to be able to pay someone else to do my housecleaning for me. That day is drawing ever closer. I even have plenty of volunteers lining up for the job.
Five things that help me clean are
1. The Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. These white spongy things clean just about anything. They get finger marks off walls and doors. They get marker off of computers, and forklift tire marks off the concrete, crayon off the tile, and lots of other stuff.
2. Helpers who get paid in marbles to do special jobs
3. Don Aslett's "No time to clean" book that tells you how to clean
4. Getting rid of stuff that I don't want to keep cleaning
5. Having stuff stay clean longer than it takes to clean it
Post a Comment